Communicative Behaviors

Yes another important topic. Have fun  :)

Communicative behaviour is basically what is communicated to the listener by the speaker. Its the impression that they get. The speaker may be unaware of these impressions but they say a lot about a person. Let me tell you about them in fancy CAPE words:

  • Vocalics or paralangue - this refers how how loud/fast the speaker talks (volume/rate), their tone and pitch of voice. Basically how they speak. Example?
    •  Someone who speaks really quickly, with a high pitch during an interview can be assumed to be nervous. 
    • Someone who speaks my sarcastic monotone is conveying that they are bored and probably annoyed at how stupid you are. 
  •  Proxemics - you know, like proximity? That's basically the speaker's use of space when they try to deliever a message. What do these things say about the speaker?
    • They stand six inches in front of you
    • They stay in one place when delivering a speech, gripping on to the podium as though it's the only thing supporting them. 
  •  Artifacts - this refers to the speaker's use of objects to related a message. 
    • a poltician who is wearing your national flag as a tie pie vs. one that has a nazi armband
  • Kinesics or Body language - this refers to the speakers use of body language, facial expression, posture and eye contact in speech. 
    • someone who doesn't maintain eye contact 
    • someone who is slouching during a lecture 
    • A speaker that has a scowl on their face during a speech
  • Chronemics - The speaker's attitude or use of time say alot, about them.
    • someone who shows up an hour late to an orientation to make a speech

This comes for both paper 01A and 2. Try to remember the fancy words and come up with examples instead of saying something like "the raising of one's eyebrows"

Comments

  1. thnks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was not gettin any good info on this.



    swaggaL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really simple and informative!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for this informative page.

      Delete
  2. this is really helpful should do more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and will do, you could check www.notezil.la for stuff, i'll be posting there mostly :)

      Delete
  3. this was helpful indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you this has contributed alot to my internal assesment

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this information, it really assisted me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this such an informative source

    ReplyDelete
  7. its brief..but very informative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful..couldn't find any good definition but this makes it a lot clearer, now I can go to my class stress free lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. someone somewhere should pay u for this because i think u are saving lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well if you're willing to be that person somewhere :P

      Delete
  10. I'm not getting through with the notezil.la link :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't get through 😔 and I would really like to get to know your work. It takes me to "This cite cannot be reached".

      Delete
  11. thanks a lot this has actually just helped me with apart of my IA that has giving me a lot of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job!!! This was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big up yuhself yute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doing my COmm IA, Analysis part. Commuincative Behavoir. WTH IZ DAT. thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. You help me out with Literature and Comm Studies. I love you, just thought I should let you know lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice, really needed this. sometimes my teacher just doesn't get these things done right. MUCH THANKS YO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really appreciate the fact that you did this, me and all of these people, you have done great, please keep it up ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for this. It has been helpful with my ia and understanding the topic in general.

    ReplyDelete
  19. At this 99th hour I just want to thank you so much because I'm still working on my IA and this piece of info has helped me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a site that I can go to learn more about writing essay can u assist?? thank you

      Delete
  20. thnx a lot hepful indeed ill pay u if I had the chance.swear

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just signed up on blogger too! This is extremely helpful. Thank you. Please check out my first article at the link below and leave a comment of what country you're from.
    https://suhmiseeit.blogspot.com/2020/04/suh-mi-see-it-jamaica-and-corona.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much! This really helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad blogs like this exists, keep making Caribbean content please, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much I am grateful

    ReplyDelete
  26. ofcourse you will give right info

    ReplyDelete
  27. Commenting to make this comment section uptodate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Characteristics/Features of Creole

The Creole Continuum